Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reflection

I was told by Mr. Heurich that I needed to work more on reflection. So, I'll do a post right now.

This has been a tumultuous road since I started the project. There have been a lot of issues, starting right off the bat. I had dance 5 nights a week some weeks. So it was really difficult for me to start meeting with Kim. Then competition season ended and I had a ton more time. I absolutely loved being in the Training Room. There was such a good vibe in there. Kim, as well as the college trainers were all amazing and so friendly. They got me really excited to go to college next year. I worried a little bit, when I first chose my major about the fact that I didn't really know if Athletic Training was what I actually wanted to do. This project cleared that up for me a lot.

Then, May came, and I had a lot of studying to do for my APs. For about 2 solid weeks, I couldn't meet with Kim as often because of the studying. Then after those two weeks were up, it was back to more dance rehearsals for the recital. During this time, I didn't meet with Mr. Heurich and I had a really hard time keeping up to date with my blog. I had a written journal, but neither Mr. Heurich nor Ms. Lang saw that, so there was no evidence that I had done anything. However, I did add some. Then senior week where I didn't do anything really. I added some back posts then. But most of my back posts came after Senior Week.

I thought at the beginning that it was going to be easier to have a blog. I type faster than I write, so why wouldn't it be easier? But I found out, that for me, it was more difficult. If I had a regular journal, I could have written whenever I had the opportunity. I wouldn't have had to be near a computer. I didn't think about that side of it when I first started the project. Don't get me wrong, I love my blog, I'm just saying that it might have been easier to have had a regular journal.

No comments: