Monday, April 12, 2010

Spreading Out

So, I started working with other practices other than just guy's lacrosse. I liked it and all, but I thought if I was going to get the full impact of this project, than maybe I should branch out and get the experience working with sports other than just lacrosse. Since I started with this idea, I've worked with the Track and Field athletes as well as the baseball players. I think I still like guy's lacrosse the best. I've also worked with John Dale (a student from IC) on girl's lacrosse, and I don't think I've ever seen anything more boring than girl's lacrosse.

I'll continue to work on other sports just to get an idea of what it will be like to work with other teams. I think sticking with one sport doesn't really get me to see what it is like to be an Athletic Trainer. Being an AT, unless you are specifically working with one team, and most people don't do that, you work with all different teams. For instance, Kim works with soccer, football, hockey, baseball, softball, track, lacrosse, and all the other teams, so that it what it is really like to be an Athletic Trainer, not just focusing on one sport in particular.

1 comment:

Megan Mormile said...

I agree. Girl's Lacrosse= Yawn. Guys lacrosse, much more exciting, but track is best, of course. :)