Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mentor Meeting 3/9/10

Today is my third meeting with Mr. Heurich. I filled him in on what I have done lately...keeping him apprised of what my progress is.

What I've Done Since Last Meeting
  • Met with Kim Bailey for the first time and saw her taping some of the athletes
  • Looked up some videos of taping knees and ankles on youtube (will blog about some of the videos that I liked and that were useful)
  • Read another periodical online, however it was of no help
  • Set up an appointment with Dr. Getzin for the 24th of March to talk to him about my back along with talking about common injuries in sports.
What I plan To Do
  • Before the next meeting, I am going to come into the library and look at some magazines that Mr. Heurich and I found. One magazine is DanceSpirit, another is Runner's World to se if they have anything that could be useful to me.
  • I am going to meet with Kim Bailey again today and any other day that I can to keep going on my interning. I will talk to her to see if I can find out any more on the common injuries that she works with. I don't know that I will have a lot of time to do this because it is the beginning of the season and she is going to have a lot to do getting ready and getting Impact Testing done. Impact Testing is testing to see if an athlete has a concussion or not to start the season.
  • I will blog about any videos that I found useful and interesting from YouTube.
  • I am going to work on making my blog media-rich. This will include videos, pictures. Anything that I learn or want to learn will be included from now on.

No comments: