Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lax Scrimmage vs. Homer

Today was a Scrimmage for the Lacrosse team. If you don't know what a scrimmage is, it's a game played during preseason. It doesn't count for anything, but it gives both teams a chance to get used to playing other teams before the season actually starts. Today's scrimmage was vs. Homer. It was awful out. It was cold and rainy. We, Kim, Kara, and I, were outside in the rain from about 6 o'clock to about 8 o'clock. It was miserable. The good news is that Ithaca won like 14-5 or something like that.

During the game, we stood on the benches by Ithaca's players and watched what was going on. There were no injuries (luckily), but Kim told me that when I was there, if there was an injury, I could run out onto the field with them. I figured I would be able to, but it was good to hear it. So, we got to watch the whole game from the sidelines (which was seriously cool) and then after it was done, we packed everything up and went back to the training room and put everything away. Not a great time, I was soaked, but worth the two hours. Plus, I hadn't gotten to work with Kim earlier in the week as much as I usually do, so I got to work with her then and make some of that time up.

So, I'm cold...I'm gonna go make some tea. Bye!!

1 comment:

Armin Heurich said...

Do cold and rainy conditions typically lead to more injuries, due to the slippery conditions and mushy turf? Also, are there different preventative measures used on such days?

Let's see more photos and videos on your blog, Taylor!