Monday, May 31, 2010

Since You've Been Gone

As has been mentioned, the student trainers from Ithaca College have left. Their last day was a few days ago. Since that time, I've been able to do some taping in the training room. Bob and Matt are there too, but Bob only knows how to tape ankles, and he doesn't get there right away, so it's usually just me and Matt. Matt doesn't do taping, so it leaves me. I tape ankles, wrists and shins. I've watched Kim tape an Achilles and knees but I don't trust myself with those yet. Kim is so great about all of this. She'll talk me through things if I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, and she always asks me if I want to do the taping.

As much as I want school to be over, I don't, because that means the end of this project. I've had some major issues with keeping up to date with everything that I've been doing, but I have absolutely LOVED this project. One day I was talking with John Dale, the guy from IC. He was saying that freshmen don't do anything in the AT major. So, this is going to be my taping quota for a while because there's going to be a period of about 2 years where I'm not really going to be involved with taping anybody, but it's giving me a headstart on what we're going to be learning in college. Yay! :)

No comments: