Friday, April 2, 2010

At IC...

I had an appointment on Friday, so I didn't end up going to school. My mom and I went to Ithaca College. She had to get an allergy shot, but I didn't really want to sit through that, so I went to the Training Room. I met Courtney Gray, one of the Trainers. She is super sweet. I was talking to her about how I am going to Ithaca College to study Athletic Training. However, I also told her that I wanted to learn how to better tape somebody's ankle. Mr. Heurich and I talked about having me tape somebody's ankle during our mentor meeting the Tuesday we come back. In order to do that, I needed to get a better understanding.

I met a guy in the Athletic Training program. I feel bad, I don't remember his name, but he taught me how to tape an ankle better than before. It was nice because it was one-on-one. It was a little difficult for him though because he was teaching me on himself, and I've since tried doing that and it isn't easy. The thing I love the most about Ithaca College is how accommodating everybody was. When I left, they gave me pre-wrap, and three rolls of tape to practice with. They just invited me in and taught me in the spur of the moment, then they invited me back later in the week. I don't know if I'll be able to make it back up, I might on Friday, we'll see. I just thought it was amazing that they were so welcoming. They were so nice.

No comments: