Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taping Video

For part of my project, I wanted to learn some basic techniques for taping of all kinds, whether it be ankle, knee, wrist, whatever. In my meeting with Mr. Heurich the other day, we found this video and I watched it in its entirety at home that night and it looked really interesting, and answered a question I had when I went to see Kim last week. I saw her tape an ankle for a basketball player, and I wondered what the things were that she was putting on either side of the ankle, and I didn't have a chance to ask the question, but this video answered that question for me.



If you don't know, a sprain is when the ligaments stretch or tear. An inversion ankle sprain that was mentioned in the video is when the ankle is rolled to the outside thus either stretching or tearing that ligament. The heel lock that he was putting on after the stirrup help to prevent this from happening.

1 comment:

Armin Heurich said...

This is great, Taylor! This really helps me understand the factors that go into a specific taping. This guy must have done thousands. He was so fast and precise. I guess you have to be able to be fast if you are there to support multiple athletes.

It's probably a good idea for you to find, post and comment on other taping videos as well. It will help you and your audience alike.