Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Reader

Dear Reader,

For my WISE project, I plan to shadow Kim Baily, Ithaca High School's Athletic Trainer. By the end of the semester, I want to have a diagram and be able to show the major injuries sustained in gymnastics. I want to know how to take care of the injury and prevent it from happening again. For your reference, I am going to Ithaca College next year to study Athletic Training.

I am really excited about starting my project. I have talked to an Athletic Trainer at Ithaca College and he said that I should learn the basics. By this, I mean get my taping skills better and learn how to spot. I'm nervous about getting as much done as I want to get done. There is going to be a large amount of research involved in this project, and I'm worried about putting it off until the last minute.

For the next two weeks, I am not going to be able to do a whole lot because I have a lot to do with dance, but I am going to start meeting with Kim two to three times a week and asking her questions. I could go up to Ithaca College and spend time in the Training Room. After I learn what the major injuries are, I could start doing the research on them.

For Now,
Taylor Dyess

No comments: